System Software Support for Big Data
Big Data is one of the most important challenges for computer science research in the upcoming decade. Most research efforts so far concentrate on algorithms for analyzing and processing Big Data. The system software and infrastructure implications of Big Data processing are so far underrepresented. We intend to improve on this situation with our BigSys workshop. In this workshop, Big Data-related topics from all areas of system software, such as operating systems, middleware, and databases, are to be considered. Of special interest are the impact of high-performance architectures for Big Data, system-level methods to improve data processing performance, challenges in system software design, and architecting systems for Big Data in general. We would especially like to encourage contributions on topics covering multiple layers of the hardware/software stack.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together practitioners and researchers from all of these areas to discuss today’s limitations, promising new concepts and possible new synergies in the domain of system software support for Big Data.
- Oct 30, 2014
- As a follow up to this workshop, authors and participants have the opportunity to publish their work in a "BigSys" special issue of the Open Journal for Big Data (OJBD).
- Sep 22, 2014
- BigSys will take place in Room 7.04 (Pfaffenwaldring 7). We are looking forward to meeting you!
- Sep 05, 2014
- Urgent: We are planning to have a relaxed dinner on Thursday evening in the cosy restaurant Stäffele. It would be great if all participants could join us! In order to make the final table reservation, we need to know whether you will come. Therefore, please send the organizers a short email to email@example.com as soon as possible. There is no need for formalities. An email subject "Restaurent: YES" (-> I will come to Stäffele) or "Restaurant: NO" (-> Sorry, I can't come) is fully sufficient.
- Jun 20, 2014
- A single day registration is sufficient for BigSys. Go to the registration page for more information.
- Mar 21, 2014
- Call for Contributions available.
- Feb 24, 2014
- Workshop website went online.